Make personalized glass and barware! This party works for smaller to medium sized groups. This is a great party to do with older teens and adults due to the safety precautions needed with the glass etching cream used in this project.
Skill Level: Basic Crafting Skills
Here’s a general supply list. The party plan goes into more detail and will help you plan specific supplies and quantities for each guest.
- Armor Etch glass etching cream.
- Pre-cut plastic stencils.
- Blue painters tape or masking tape to secure the stencil on the glass.
- Bristle stencil brushes to apply the etching cream. We found ours at the dollar store.
- Glassware of choice. We typically get our glassware from our local dollar store, which has good quality glassware for $1 each.
- Disposable latex or latex-free gloves (always good to have on hand for guests who may have latex allergies).
- Foam brushes or old toothbrushes to scrub off excess etching cream when rinsing.
- Paper towels or towels to dry the glasses
- Packing materials for guests to pack the glasses to take home (tissue paper, gift bags, etc.)
If your guests will make their own stencils, here are some optional supplies:
- Premium removable vinyl.
- Transfer tape. Look for standard grip tape if possible.
- Die cutting machine and related software/computer/tablet.