Making these crochet flowers can be addicting! They don’t take much yarn, making them a great use for all your yarn scraps. The flowers are easy to make, too, and you can make one in a really short amount of time.
Fun Ways to Use Your Flowers!
- DIY headbands and Barrettes – Hot glue flowers onto headbands, alligator hair clips or any other hair accessory you think would would be fun!
- Embellished Cards – I love to glue a flower or two onto a homemade card to give it a little extra something!
- Upcycled Gift Boxes – I save plain kraft paper wine bags, gift bags, and the sturdy boxes that the Target Beauty Boxes come in and give them a second life by hot gluing these flowers on tops to use for gift giving. I love being able to repurpose something and make it beautiful!
- Flower Clips – I like to hot glue a crochet to a mini clothes pin for a fun embellishment for gift wrap, banners, buntings and more!
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner Crochet
Various scrap yarns and crochet hooks. Size of hook used will vary depending on what type of yarn you use. Here’s what we generally use:
- DK, baby yarn (size 3) – F, G
- worsted weight (size 4) – G, H, I
- bulky (size 5 & 6) – J, K, and larger
- single crochet
- half-double crochet
- double crochet
- slip stitch